Jun 16, 2010

Missing.

I was sitting down to do some blogging, finally, and the baby had happily crawled off on her own. And then it got quiet. It's true already, it seems: if it gets quiet, the child is up to no good. She was too, the dogs water bowl. I emptied it, and then she lost interest when she couldn't get completely wet anymore, so she returned to me. Now she wants my laptop...

And I'm alone with the baby and the dog tonight. I'm almost never alone in the evenings. We're always two, me and my Owner. My wife and the other mother to babygirl. But she had to go to a two-day job meeting in another part of the country, so tonight I'm alone.

And I don't like it.

I mean, I know she has to work. I'm at home with the baby, and she supports us. Her job pays for our new apartment, for the car, for the dog, our food, our clothes, everything in our day-to-day lifes. If she didn't work, we would still be okay, but it wouldn't be like this. And when the time comes for me to not be home with the baby anymore, I still have two more years in school before I get my degree and can get a decent job. So yes, I get it. Her job is important to all of us, not the least me.

But I still don't like it. Everything is harder when she's not around. I have to do everything by myself, and I realise how much she does around here. And what a team we have become. It took a while, but nowadays, the family-routine is flowing. There's a place for her here, and right now, she's not filling it.

She will be home soon, though. Tomorrow afternoon she's right back with us again. Thats's good, 'cause I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment