Feb 19, 2011

Belated Valentines (and about sleep)

Soon, very soon, it's time for our daily bath with little S, the baby. After the bath I nurse her, and then she wants to go down to grandma. That's their thing, for a very long time now every night has been spent with grandma and grandpa when we're visiting. They give her a bottle, and put her to bed when she gets sleepy. And we, the tired mothers, get a few hours alone.

Earlier, when she was an infant and nursed the whole night, grandma brought her upstairs to us the first time she woke to feed, usually at about ten. And after that, I slept with her and my Owner slept in an other room. Not so fun. I like sleeping with my baby. But I like sleeping with my Owner more - not the least because she doesn't kick me all the time. Or wake up every two hours to suck at my breasts...

Nowadays we don't nurse during the night, and she sleeps more or less the whole night in her own crib. It's almost hard to believe, considering that she was practically glued on to one of us the first six month of her life, and even after that woke every two hours and cried 'til she was rocked to sleep. For about one more year... That's when the sleeplessness came in to play. Turns out eight hours nervous sleep every 48 hours isn't enough for either my Owner nor me. Go figure.

Anyway.

Since a couple of months ago little S sleeps okay, and tonight like every night she'll do it downstairs. And me and Mistress are going to celebrate Valentines Day, a little belated. Originally we planned to go out for drinks, but it's so cold that it doesn't feel very tempting. We changed our plans, and now we're going on a date at home instead. With a bottle of bubbly wine, shrimps and garlic bread. We'll probably even dress up (but I think I'll skip on the shoe part) and light some candles. And be alone. And talk like grown ups. And, actually, get drunk. At least a little drunk.

I'm looking forward to it.

-----------

Celebrating by ourselves


In the end we skipped the dining out part, and hade bubbles and shrimp at home all by ourselves. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment