Feb 18, 2011

The weekend from hell

I'm a psych major, and this term we're supposed to do an internship, for ten weeks. I'v gotten my internship at a great place, and were due to start monday. Yesterday, the tutor emailed the course organiser and said that they couldn't take me, due to "a crisis at the workplace". Great. They fight and bicker and now I don't have anywhere to go come Monday. It sucks, actually. I'm pulling every string I've got, but it's not easy finding a new place with this short notice (it's not easy finding a new place at all).

That started our weekend off. Today we went to a funeral, an hours drive away. My owners uncle died about a month ago, he was my father-in-laws only remaining brother. My FIL is a closet alcholist, and reeked of booze today. My poor mistress was panicky and out of sorts. And an hour long drive with a very energetic 1,5-year old is trying at the best of times. Which this wasn't.

The ceremony was nice, the cake was good, there was a playroom for our daughter in the parish house, and she slept all the way home. But boy, am I tired now...

And tomorrov, Saturday, mistress have to work most of the day. She has an important meeting, she's gonna lead a conference for about 90 people during the day. Which she, of course, is really stressed out about.

This really isn't a very good weekend. Really really.

But tuck babygirl in for the night, and have a few hours by ourselves. I look forward to that! Beer, snacks, a movie and my wife - all good things. And if I'm good, maybe she'll spank me! (Though probably not. Stress is not good for our sex life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment