Feb 10, 2013

Job hunting

I'm applying for a job! Since it's one I would really really like, it makes my stomach fill up with butterflies. It's very very slow going, mostly because every time I try to do something with it I feel overwhelmed and switch to something else - like writing blog posts. Heh.

I'll graduate in June, and well, then it's time to get a job. A real job. With a real salary, and an office, and clients, and a boss, and colleagues, and my own coffee mug, and vacations, and contracts and insurance and rights and privileges and set work-hours. And other strange and new stuff.

I've been working for this for... well a lot of years. I got in at the program spring 2006, and I've been muddling along since then, interrupted a few times, not the least by childbirth. But I'm hanging in there, and soon, soon, I'm going to be done. Finished. Graduated.

The job in question is a temporary position, and they will most probably want to fill it before June, and I'll most likely not get it. But I'm going to apply anyway, mostly because it's at the place were I did my intern ship, and I loved it there. So I just have to go for it. I have nothing to loose.


No comments:

Post a Comment