Dec 3, 2012

It's winter now

This morning, it was -23 degrees Celsius. That's freaking cold! It makes me very aware of how fragile we are, how lucky we are to have a warm home, and how dependent we are of that.

Little S. is healthy again, even though right now I hear scary coughs coming from her bedroom. I hope she'll keep on sleeping. It's a bad omen if she comes out of bed this early in the evening - it doesn't bode well for the night to come.

Now Mistress and I will curl up under our warm fleece blanket and watch the telly. And drink tea. A winter type evening, one might say.

Oh, and my butt hurts. There's band aids on it. Good things, all around.

2 comments:

  1. Brr! That is really cold! We're having unusually warm December weather right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had it all warm and cosy in November, around 10 degrees Celsius some days. And then, the last day of November, it turned and started snowing and suddenly it was extremely cold. Very strange weather. It's still snowing and although it's a beautiful winter landscape, it's very impractical. I leave the little one at pre-school each morning, and this morning it took something like 40 minutes total, rather than 15, because of all the clothes and all the snow. Hmpf.

    And I've had to get a bus pass this month, because it's to cold and snowy to ride my bike to school, and the car is even more cumbersome - all frosty and ice-cold. So bus it is, probably for the coming three months.

    I really wonder how people thought when they decided this was a good place to live in, 10 000 years ago? It's almost completely dark half the year...

    ReplyDelete