Aug 19, 2012

Birthday

Tomorrow is the little ones third birthday, and today we hosted a party, complete with balloons, strawberrycake and most importantly, gifts. Little S was mostly interested in the gifts, and playing with grandma. I think she had a good time. I'm exhausted, but must say it went pretty well, actually.

She got face-colors, so now she is painted as a tiger, and the she let loose with the brush on me and Mistress, and our faces has all the colors of the rainbow on them. According to little S I'm a butterfly and Mistress is a mouse. I don't think anyone but her can see that, though.

Depressed slut is depressed, but a bit better now. SSRI is good stuff. Oh, and vacation. I'm dreading the fall, though, and the start of school and job and pre-school. And housework and routine and stress and demands and all the things that made me sick in the first place.

But a little part of me is looking forward to it, too. It's not all bad. I'm fortunate enough to study something I'm genuinely interested in, that does count for something. And I know a lot more now about what is good and bad for me than I did before this summer. It doesn't have to go straight to hell, actually. I hope.

Oh, and yesterday was our five-year-old wedding anniversary. We've been married for five years! Yey us!

No comments:

Post a Comment