Sep 24, 2012

Distractions...

I got into this discussion on FetLife about responsibility. I claim I have none, and was met with a chorus of voices calling me anything from "lazy" to "sock puppet" to accusing me of having an "inflated sense of entitlement". I went to bed, a lot of people across the globe wrote things, now I'm awake and should be studying, but have instead answered in the thread, and find myself checking it every five minutes to see if I've gotten any responses.

No. I'm going to take my non-responsible head and focus on the task at hand. I might not feel as if I'm responsible for handing in this written assignment, but I will most certainly suffer if it's not done. Therefore - back to the paper on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy after Bariathric Surgery that I'm supposed to be reading.

3 comments:

  1. i keep thinking about the fet post too. For a number of reasons. For one thing, a few years back on O/p, you described what love meant to you and your Mistress. And it sounded like SR an i....perhaps owing to the INTJ personality types? (i'm an INTF). Maybe the way responsibility is thought of is different as well. She firmly believes that my failure *is* her failure...and therefore not an option. SR would say she dislikes micromanagement but does tell me exactly what detergent and softener to use, what laundry mat to visit, and generally knows when i will go. When i absolutely ruined her 300 dollar skirt, which i still feel *sick* about, she pointed out that i had followed her instructions and meant no harm. Hence, she felt i had no responsibility for the outcome. Indeed, when she says one thing but meant another, she always considers is that i followed her orders. She also asks me if i ate every day, if i took meds, if i did yoga. So...yeah...micromanaged maybe? (Even if we do not use that word around here). You are not alone, which was the point of this large comment. (hugs) jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Hugs*

    Mistress is INFJ too. I'm ENFP, if I remember correctly. I do think that for Mistress and me, our personalities is very different and O/p is a way for us to take maximum advantage of our respective strengths, without constant headbutting over our differences. :-)

    ReplyDelete