Jan 14, 2013

A love letter, of sorts (or two)

As usual, I got a text from Mistress this morning, when she was on her bus commuting to work and I had just dropped off little S at the pre-school.

"Hi there sweetie!" it said, "Thank you for a great weekend. I hope leaving little S will go well, and I'm glad we have a plan to solve this. If you'd get the idea to unload the car, the big bag is filled with clean clothes, and the small one is laundry. I love you so much! Thank you for being in my life, my wonderful slut. Kisses!"

And I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. There's so much in this that speaks about how wonderfully lucky I am. There's no pressure there to unload the car, or doing any other housework. This is pure information, no unspoken expectation. I know she'll think I'm just as wonderful whether there's bags still in the car tonight or not. And even more, I know she knows why I expectations like that is a bad idea, why me doing things like that can't be taken for granted. She knows that, she knows me, and she loves me all the same.

On the other hand, she's not taking for granted the things I do accomplish either. She mentions leaving little S as a special chore, not something that I of course should do. I get to go home and do things in my own pace while she sits on a bumpy bus on her way to the office, and she still doesn't take for granted that I drop off the kid on the way home.

And we have a plan. Our kid is not feeling well, and we have a shared view of the problem and we've made a plan to sort it out, and I relax and lean back and know she's there. I can always depend on her putting us first, putting family first, and I'm never alone.

And in all of this, she thanks me for a great weekend and for being in her life. I'm the one who should be grateful. Or maybe we should just both be, not to each other but to the Universe (or God if you will) that allowed us to find each other and be together. She's the centre of my world, she's the planet I'm happily orbiting, and I love her so much. Knowing she loves me back makes me go all tingly.


2 comments:

  1. So sweet to hear their love expressed like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is isn't it? Maybe even more when it's in a very mundane, everyday package.

    ReplyDelete