Jan 31, 2013

Guilt by association

Mistress got a package today, the key ring to the collar from wyredslave that she'd bought. She promptly lost one of the keys, and they didn't include the ordered key on a keyring, so now it came in a special delivery. I'm sitting right now with the collar on, and it feels so good. I love it.

In the package there were also some gifts, postcards with quotes on, and a calendar that was a refrigerator magnet. It wont be going on our fridge though I wish it could, but one of the quotes read something like "it's the submissive who shows to others what type of persons owns them". That made me think of the workshop, and wonder how people perceive me in these circles, and how that reflects on Mistress.

I do know that I stand out a bit. Not that I look odd or anything, I have a feeling I look very very normal - a jeans and sweaters thirty-something mom, long brown hair in ponytail, a little on the plump side, cute-ish but not remarkable, no make up, no fancy shoes or jewellery. A bit plain, even. But in any kind of group discussions, I'm always one of those four or five people that talks. I always raise my hand, and I always have something to say.

I really do try to not be one of those that people roll their eyes at, I strive to be short and succinct and to keep my points relevant to the discussion. I often share something personal or some reflection or another, I'm not usually debating or arguing. But being in the discussion, participating, voicing thoughts and opinions, is what makes it interesting for me. What makes it relevant. I can sit still and just listen for two hours, but I wont remember a thing, and I would be dead tired. It's so much easier for me if I participate.

I did say some good things, I think. I made people laugh, twice. And in the break and afterwards, I had some great, although, short, talks with a handful of people afterwards, that I really liked and wish to talk to again.

But I wonder how I came off to others? And I wonder what impression people get of Mistress, through me? I'm really curious, but I guess I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment