Mar 12, 2011

Sick, sick, sick

Little S's grandfather has a high fever, possibly pneumonia, possibly sepsis. Grandma M spends her days and evenings at the hospital. We spend the day silently worrying. Little S has a fever. Mistress still has a lot of stress about her work. I angst about my internship, and is caught up in some sort of crisis about that and about myself and how I handle anxiety. My mother is clinically depressed and is going to start medicating. My father is renovating his house, my childhood home, and right now it's barely liveable. I think everyone around me is stressed to the point of being sick, or is in fact sick, right now.

Maybe that's why I'm obsessing about my internship. Because I am. I think no matter how angsty and embarassing it is, at least it's something I can control, all by myself. And it's just enough important to hold my attention, but not life or death (as opposed to some of our other problems). So I worry about my apparance at work, while my FIL could possibly die any minute. Nice set of priorities. But very human, I guess.

Now I'm going to make pancakes to my family, and more specifically to my sick little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment